1 lb Muenster Cheese-sliced.
2 Eggs beaten
1/4 C. Chopped Parsley
1 lb Filo Dough
1 – 2 Sticks of melted butter (I use salted)
- Chop the muenster cheese into small pieces. Place in a bowl with the eggs and parsley. Mix until blended. (*hint: I like to freeze the cheese before chopping it to make it easier to cut into small pieces)
- Prepare your filo dough. Leave it on the counter in the box to lose some of it’s chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt your butter
- Lay the filo dough out with the long end towards you..
- Cut the dough into 3-1/2″ X 12″ strips. (While working with the dough, place a damp cloth over the unused portion so that it doesn’t dry out.)
- Brush one strip of dough with melted butter and cover with another strip of dough and butter.
- Place about a tablespoon of filling at one end of the strip and fold into a triangle, similar to folding a flag. See diagram below.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the triangles onto the prepped baking sheet and BRUSH with butter.
- Repeat this procedure with the rest of the strips.
- **You can freeze the boreg at this point if you choose to bake them at another time.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a light brown.
- Serve ho.
- Yield: approximately 3-1/2 dozen